fredag 18 september 2009

insomnia

it's way too late to think of
someone i would call now
the neon signs got tired
red eye flights help the stars out
i'm safe in a corner
just hours before me
i'm waking with the roaches
the world has surrendered
i'm dating ancient ghosts
( the ones i made friends with)
thw comfort of fireflies
long gone before daylight
and if i had one wish fulfilled tonight
i'd ask for the sun to never rise
if God lent his voice to me to speak
i'd say:" go to bed, world"
i've always been too lame
to see what's before me
and i know nothing sweeter than
champagne from last new year's
sweet music in my ears
and a night full of no fear
but if i had one wish fulfilled tonight
i'd ask for the sun to never rise
if God passed the mike to me to speak
i'd say:" stay in the bad world... sleep in peace"

Inga kommentarer: